Emergency Dentistry Specialist

Carl F. Lipe

Dentist located in Denver, CO

When you have a dental emergency, you don’t want to spend hours waiting in a hospital emergency room. Expert dentist Dr. Carl F. Lipe offers emergency dentistry at Denver Dental Implants in Denver, Colorado. If you or your child suffer an accident or lose a filling, call Denver Dental Implants so you can get the care you need, when you need it. The friendly, understanding staff will help you see Dr. Lipe as soon as possible. If you live in Denver, Englewood, Aurora, Littleton, Commerce City, or surrounding areas, call or drop in for the fastest service today.

Emergency Dentistry Q & A

Why do I need emergency dentistry?

When your mouth or teeth are traumatized, you need expert care as quickly as possible. Dr. Lipe and his team at Denver Dental Implants handle:

  • Bitten lip, tongue, or cheek
  • Broken teeth
  • Cracked or chipped teeth
  • Missing teeth
  • A toothache
  • Swollen or broken jaw
  • Gums that are bleeding or abscessed
  • Broken or lost crown or denture

As soon as you have a dental emergency, call Denver Dental Implants or walk in during office hours.

What should I do if I lose a tooth?

If you or your child’s permanent tooth has been knocked out, handle it as carefully as possible by the crown (top part) and not the roots. Gently rinse the tooth with cool water for no more than 10 seconds. Rinse out your mouth and try to put the tooth back in the socket (don’t try to put back baby teeth).

Bite down on damp gauze to hold the tooth in place. If you can’t fit it in the socket, or if your child is too young to hold the tooth in place, put the tooth in a jar with milk or saline or coat it with saliva and wrap it in plastic wrap. Come to Denver Dental Implants immediately.

What if I crack or chip a tooth?

Even if the crack or chip looks small, you should still see Dr. Lipe right away. A damaged tooth is susceptible to infection. If you can find the chipped pieces, coat them in saliva and plastic wrap, or place them in a small jar of milk or saline.

What if it hurts to move my jaw?

If your jaw is swollen, you may have a tooth or gum infection or may have broken your jaw. Tie your jaw closed with a scarf or gauze, and then come to Denver Dental Implants as soon as possible.

What if I lose or break my dentures, crown, or bridge?

Dr. Lipe gives you a temporary denture or crown until your dentures, bridge, or crown can be repaired or replaced.

How do I prepare for dental emergencies?

Create dental emergency kits and keep them handy. Your kits should contain:

  • Gauze
  • Saline  
  • Small capped jar
  • Benzocaine  
  • Dental wax
  • Painkillers
  • First Aid ice packs
  • Denver Dental Implants’ contact info

When you have a dental emergency, call Dr. Lipe or walk into the Denver Dental Implants office at any time during normal business hours.